Thursday, April 9, 2015

SPRING: GOING GREEN



Today might feel like winter, but Spring is upon us.  Days will continue to get longer, trees will display chartreuse budding leaves, and flowers will fill once snowy garden beds.  Spring-like days can not come quick enough.  For this reason, I love anything that gets me into the Spring spirit and these days I can not stop thinking about the color green.  Perhaps, this began with the celebration of St. Patrick's Day.  Or maybe it was a recent meeting with Marvic Textiles, where I was inspired by Safari in Lime, a stunning vibrant chartreuse cotton velvet.  In addition to celebrations and design influences, I think the arrival of golf season has also played a part.  

I look forward to a casual afternoon of golf, either as a player on the course or as a spectator from the comfort of home.  Today marks the beginning of the Masters, and what better day, than today to enjoy this great game.  There is something very relaxing about watching these talented professionals attempt to maintain their cool, while achieving the fewest strokes to a small hole.  The color green plays an important role in the game of golf and the Masters.  Sprawling bright green fairways and greens are one.  But the iconic green jacket is what many think of when the Masters is mentioned. 

In order to continue my "think-Spring" fling, I will spend the next couple of posts sharing all things Spring that inspire me.  Some of these green and others not.  But for today and the remainder of the week, the Masters is where I will be tuning in. 

Images via Pinterest  


No comments:

Post a Comment