Wednesday, July 23, 2014

SUMMER ESCAPE: MAR Y SOL






































If you're planning a trip to the beach, a straw bag is absolutely necessary.  I personally prefer a straw bag over a canvas tote, because you don't end up lugging sand home.  I have a variety of straw beach bags in my closet; bags with dyed straw, decorative weaves, and printed stripes. I also love to substitute a leather handbag for a straw bag in the summertime, creating a sophisticated and casual look for a quick shopping trip or an afternoon lunch.  

One of my favorite sources for straw bags is Mar Y Sol.  A friend of mine introduced me to this company a few summers ago, when she arrived wearing a unique straw bag with wide handles.  As a straw bag enthusiast, I quickly asked where her bag was from.  Mar Y Sol provides a collection of finely made straw products created by local artisans of Madagascar.  In addition to promoting the use of  sustainable materials, Mar Y Sol enables local families to gain economic independence, and helps to preserve the tradition of local craftsman.  With a collection of unique designs ranging from classic straw bags to small clutches, this is a favorite summer source. 



Check out shopmarysol.com for other great styles
Images via Mar Y Sol website 

No comments:

Post a Comment