Tuesday, April 15, 2014

TO MY BELOVED BOSTON


As I approach my sixth summer in Boston, I am reminded why I love this city.  Growing up, my mum would bring us to the aquarium, the science museum, and the Freedom Trail.  I remember sitting in the front seat of our white Volvo station wagon, as we drove west on the Mass Pike.  Passing Boston University, I looked back through the side view mirror, to see the disappearing sky line.  At this moment I knew where I wanted to live when I grew up.  It's funny how some childhood dreams stick with you and eventually come true.  After years of elementary school, high school, and college I landed my first city job on Boylston Street. Morning weather reports were sung by the cheerful man in the park, midday breaks were spent strolling down Newbury Street, lunchtime treats were found at the Copley farmer's market, and some of my first happy hour drinks were enjoyed at Clarke's at Faneuil Hall.   

Each day I walk the same route to work.  I am greeted by cheerful parking garage managers, hotel staff, and Al the newspaper man.  Even on the coldest, darkest, and gloomiest of days these are the people that brighten my day. Bostonians.  We came together to rebuild and help those in need.  We are a city of pride, this is exemplified during the excitement of a midsummer ball game and after last year's marathon.  We will continue to move forward, but never forget the bravery, survival, and strength of those affected by the events at last year's marathon.  

I often share my favorite Boston sites and events on instagram.  Here is a collection of some of my favorite images, ranging from springtime flowers to snowy nighttime scenes.  























Images via Instagram @AGAquadro  

No comments:

Post a Comment