Monday, April 28, 2014

SPRING: CLOSET DREAMS

This weekend I went into full spring cleaning mode.  I tore my closet apart pulling out sweaters, jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves.  Drawers were emptied and neatly reassembled.  And old boxes, magazines, and clippings were thrown away.  It's incredible how quickly clutter accumulates!  Of course, as I was cleaning and organizing, I was day dreaming about my future closet.  This is something I've thought about for a long time.  Years ago, I devised a plan for my parents to build an extension off my room with a custom walk in closet.  Growing up in a 19th century house the term closet was rarely used.  In my first childhood bedroom my "closet" was roughly the size of an average refrigerator with half the depth.  My second childhood bedroom had a "closet" that was about the size of a coffin.  I have learned that, back in the day there was little need for storage and closets.  Today I am quite lucky, I have incredible storage, but I still dream.  A closet for shoes, a closet for each season, shelves for handbags, and drawers for jewelry...the ideas dance through my head.  Over the years, I have created a photo collection for inspiration, hoping that one I will be able to design my own closet.  These images are sure promote closet day dreams or inspire you to organize your wardrobe in a new way.















Images via Pinterest 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, these closet designs are everyone's dream to have. A room that has a sufficient space/storage where all our clothes, shoes, and other things are properly arranged by categories or color. I'm sure the men will also want a spacious space to organize their suits and shoes in for different events and occasion. I hope you get to have one for your very own! Cheers!

    Tamas Orban @ Palm Beach County Contractor

    ReplyDelete