Wednesday, July 1, 2015

JULY: VICTORIA HAGAN

As the countdown begins for Fourth of July  celebrations, the beach often comes to mind.  I recently stumbled upon a copy of the latest Architectural Digest and I was immediately in love with Victoria Hagan's Nantucket summer home.  The interior features a soft seaside palette very similar to the surrounding views.  Sisals, unfinished wood, and willow-reed chairs add texture to the array of muted fabrics.  And large windows and french doors help to bring the outdoors in. I also love how Victoria Hagan and Ray Pohl, of Botticelli and Pohl  Architects, designed the home so that you can look through it from the front to the back. Hagan states "this is a beach house, and I wanted it to feel that way," and I believe she did just that.  



























Images via Architectural Digest www.architecturaldigest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment