Friday, February 6, 2015

WINTER WHITE: ATTIRE

























Whoever said you can not wear white jeans after Labor Day was missing out.  The inconic Coco Chanel was a strong advocate for white, and I find myself following suit.  In the past, I was pressured to store my white jeans during the wintertime.  Weeks before Memorial Day, I once had someone comment on how I was breaking the "rule."  But these days I am finding that I do not care what other people think of what I wear.  I wear what I want, because I am the one wearing it.  Fashion is a personal expression and there should be no silly rules.  If it works, it works.    

While packing for a recent trip to Mexico, I pulled out my favorite white toothpick jeans. After returning home, I was unpacking and storing my summertime attire away.  I decided to keep these jeans out.  I started pairing them with chunky light gray or tan sweaters.  Brown belts, boots or tan suede pumps, and light cashmere wraps.  I also added a long off white cashmere overcoat to my winter white outfits.  I have found this light monochromatic palette to be uplifting and inspiring during the long winter days.   This time of year everyone walks around in head to toe black (believe me I love a good black on black outfit, but it gets a bit depressing after a while.)  If you are feeling the winter blues kick in, I suggest adding a bit of white to your outfit today.  But, just be careful of brushing up against salty cars and dirty snowbanks!  

Here is some winter white fashion inspiration.









  





































Images via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment