Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WINTER GET AWAY: ESCAPE THE SNOW


In keeping with my theme of escaping the dreary days of winter, I spent some time looking through photographs of my trips to the British Virgin Islands, Florida, the Turks & Caicos and other travels through Europe.  It is sometimes  hard to forget that there are palm trees and sunny warm beaches, when we have seven foot tall snowbanks outside our doors.  I feel like the end is no where in sight, with more snow in the forecast for every day this week.  In order to provide myself with a quick mental escape, I find sunny images of palm trees and beaches, and searches for new dresses and coverups to be helpful.  So I thought I would share some of this sunny positive inspiration this week. 

Last February my mum and I spent about a week in the Turks & Caicos with our friends.  There was something about the cool-aid blue water, long white beaches, fresh local cuisine, friendly locals, and inspiring resort decor that made me fall in love with Grace Bay.  In addition to spending every day on the beach, I managed to find time to photograph close ups of color, texture, and pattern, as well as overall shots.  Here are a few of my favorites.  













Hang in there, only thirty eight days until spring! 

Images via AGA 

No comments:

Post a Comment