Monday, August 19, 2013

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS: COLORED PENCILS



One of my most memorable Christmas presents growing up was a box of Prismacolor colored pencils.  I remember carefully unwrapping the plastic covering, to reveal the pristine black box.  I was in awe. The fresh smell of wood drifted through the air as each perfectly shaped edge exposed its inner circle of color. Within the box, all 120 pencils stood ready for the hours of creativity ahead of them.  

I took great care of my new gift, spending many hours sharpening each point to perfection, before carefully arranging the collection.   My drawing interests evolved quickly; beginning with childhood images of spiders and sunshines, to intricate baskets of flowers and elaborate landscapes. 
Image via AGA

No comments:

Post a Comment