Wednesday, January 22, 2014

COLORFUL PRINTS

Wintertime often leads to long hours cooped up indoors.  Within a very short amount of time, cabin fever sets in and the quest for something to do begins.  I have gone through multiple crafts and activities to try to alleviate the dreaded cabin fever.  One that I have found most successful, is watercolors.  There is something about seeing a blank sheet of paper evolve into a colorful image.  Like the blank white landscape outside, the paper is transformed into a colorful spring day. One winter I created a series of floral prints inspired by vintage patterns.  I have yet to find this year’s remedy for cabin fever, but I am sure today’s snow day will spark my creativity.   










































Images by AGA

No comments:

Post a Comment