Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NEW ENGLAND AUTUMN: OUTFIT INSPIRATION

This time of year always makes me nostalgic for my home, in Western Massachusetts.  After a long summer filled with vacations and visits, Autumn is a time to return home, as well as the routine of school.  As a young girl, I would spend long afternoons at the kitchen table, with a pencil in hand and blue lined paper scattered about. My homework sessions were often complimented by fresh Atkin’s Farm apple cider and cider doughnuts, and homemade pumpkin seeds.  Other Autumn activities included apple picking, re-stuffing Stanley the scarecrow (complete with worry lines on his forehead, thanks to my 5 year old handiwork), horseback riding, trips to the Big E, soccer games, and collecting fallen leaves. 

Today I live in the city and my activities are slightly different, but one thing remains the same; my love of Autumn attire.  This time of year the air is too warm for a parka, but cool enough to wear layers. There is something very comforting about putting on a pair of riding boots and a blazer, to enjoy the Autumn chill.  One of my favorite sources of inspiration for Autumn attire is Ralph Lauren; here are some of my favorites.





Images via Ralph Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment